Monday, September 5, 2011

What would the world be if we all used cloth diapers?

In my last post, I talked about handing my used diapers down to my sister-in-law.  Today she came and picked up the dozen or so diapers and their inserts and it got me thinking.

What would it be like if we all passed down our used diapers to relatives and friends like we do our baby clothes?

Think about it!  No more $50 dollar charges to Costco and Sam's club.  No more $20 dollars here, or $10 dollars there to the Walmarts, Targets, and grocery chains across the country.  No more late night, uh-oh trips to the store. 

If everyone passed down their used diapers, parents could diaper all their children for a couple hundred dollars (to fill in the size gaps, or add a few more diapers to the stash).

I always hear, "Well, Alisha, you still have to wash them, and that takes money."  Okay, sure.  I get it.  Laundry does cost a few quarters depending on the area of the country that you live in, or whether you hang them dry or use the dryer.  So yeah, I see your point.  But a load twice a week does not amount to $10 dollars, trust me.  What I want to say is, "If you are afraid of a diaper pail, just say so."  But I usually refrain, because saving money, being green, and using cloth is a choice.  It's a pretty cool choice, if you ask me, but then, I'm kinda partial.

No comments:

Post a Comment