Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sewing

Before I get started, I just wanted to mention that my friend the owl has been very talkative as of late.  We have several owls in the neighborhood.  This one resides in the large palm tree across the street.  He's a Great Horned Owl.  So, because I love owls, and they're popular again, I changed my background for September to my man, the owl.

I am always amazed at the women who sew their own diapers, and a little bit envious as well.

Yesterday I whipped up Charlotte's lady bug costume for Halloween.  I wanted to get it done early.  All the good fabric is taken if you wait until October.  As an added bonus, I have the week free from grading, such that it is.

I am not a seamstress.  I took a year of home ec, barely squeaking by.  I do have a lovely pig pillow to show for my efforts.

My sewing looks like a drunk was at the wheel.  In the end, I'm glad it's done.  Embellishments cover a multitude of sins.  And, let's not forget that it will be dark.  Thank goodness!

Charlotte in her nearly completed costume
 

No comments:

Post a Comment