Thursday, September 8, 2011

Traveling with Cloth

On Tuesday Bill and I took the kids to Fossil Creek.  If you haven't been there, it's amazing and you should see it.  The water is teal blue.  It's so beautiful, it hurts.  

Fossil Creek is the result of a spring, which until this last decade had been damned up.  Thanks to some folks who cared, the damn was removed and now the creek is flowing once again.
Bill and I like to do day trips around the state, and for the most part, when Hudson or Jack were still wearing diapers, I would still use cloth rather than disposables.  I just carried my Planetwise zippered wet-dry bag with me, and a few wipes.  At home, I would empty the contents into my regular wetbag.  It never really bothered me to keep the dirty diapers.  As long as they are stored where I can't smell them, I truly don't care.

Fossil Creek reminds me that things do change when people care enough.  My children can swim here, and view native fish because others cared enough to remove the damn. 

Everyday more parents are rediscovering cloth diapers.  I can only hope that my little contribution will make a big impact someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment